Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick skillet meal. Only 1 skillet to wash...woohoo! A kid-pleaser at my house.
Make and share this Skillet Taco Macaroni recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb extra lean ground sirloin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 ounces can tomato sauce
- 16 ounces can water, use the empty tomato sauce can
- 16 ounces can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, can use cheddar-jack
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble the ground sirloin with the chopped onion until no longer pink; drain excess fat, if desired (there shouldn't be that much if you've used the extra lean ground sirloin).
- Return cooked beef/onions to skillet. Add the tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, dry macaroni and seasonings. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover tightly and simmer for 12-15 minutes (stirring once or twice) or until macaroni is tender.
- Add milk and cheese and stir well, until cheese is smooth and melted.
Fast, easy, and everyone enjoyed it. Used a can of Rotel and the higher amounts of spices, also Mexican oregano rather than dried cilantro. Thanks for the recipe!
This recipe is pretty good. I love that it doesn`t use packaged taco seasoning. I agree with others that it needs a bit of changes to be amazing. I will play around with it and am sure it will end up on my keeper list. Thanks for the great idea.
I thought this was an amazing meal. Very good!