Recipe by Stella Mae
This is a quick all-in-one meal -- my emergency specialty -- and tasty enough for unexpected company.
- 1 lb good quality ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced potatoes or 1 (8 ounce) canfresh potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (8 ounce) can fresh tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can green peas or 1 (8 ounce) can fresh peas
- thyme or basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onion in skillet; drain well.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes and peas, and juice from canned or fresh vegetables.
- Heat well and season with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Allow to cook down a bit without a cover.
- Serve with a sprinkle of grated cheddar over top, if desired.