Recipe by Lainey39
This is a great way to use up those garden vegetables. Recipe is from Family Circle.
- 3 large summer squash, about 2 pounds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices.
- Season with 1/4 t each of the garlic salt and pepper.
- Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray; place squash slices on pans.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Season tomato slices with remaining 1/4 t each garlic salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1/3 of diced tomatoes into the bottom of a large nonstick skillet.
- Layer with half of the squash, half of the tomato slices, 1/3 of the diced tomatoes and half the Italian-blend cheese.
- Repeat layering.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes over low heat.
- Prepare pasta following package directions; serve on the side.