Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from Country Home magazine.
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 12 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- In a 10 inch skillet cook sausage and onion over medium heat until no longer pink making sure to break up sausage as it cooks.
- Add zucchini; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Drain off fat.
- Remove mixture from skillet.
- In the same skillet arrange about half of the lasagna noodle pieces. Cover with about half of the pasta sauce. Spoon cooked meat mixture over sauce. Spoon ricotta in mounds atop meat and sprinkle 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange remaining lasagna noodle pieces atop cheeses. Top with remaining meat, sauce & cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan as last layer and cook covered for about 10 minutes until heated through and cheeses are melted.
- Remove skillet from heat and let stand uncovered for about 5 minutes before serving.