Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
Many people, me included, love stuffed cabbage but don't like all that tedious rolling. Here's a recipe that gives flavor without the work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4 or 5-quart saucepot, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until beef is cooked through, drain any fat.
- 2Stir in rice mix, water and allspice.
- 3Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- 4Cover and simmer 10 minutes; stir.
- 5Top with shredded cabbage and press down gently.
- 6Pour spaghetti sauce over cabbage.
- 7Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until cabbage is just tender.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Stuffed Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 1036.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Spanish rice mix