Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From an Easy Everyday Cooking Card. Beef on the Stovetop.
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) beef steaks or 4 (8 ounce) pork chops
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Measure broth in a large measuring cup, whisk in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper.
- Set aside. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steaks; cook for about 4 - 6 minutes on each side (depends on how well you like them done) Remove from skillet cover and keep warm.
- Drain off fat from pan.
- Thinly slice onions.
- Add butter to skillet and melt, then add onions.
- Cook about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in broth mixture and cook until heated through about 2 minutes.
- Pour over steaks and serve immediately.
My husband and I just loved this recipe. I am always looking for new and exciting recipes. This one made it on my list.
I used boneless pork chops, doubled the gravy recipe, and served it over toast. Delicious.
My husband especially enjoyed the flavor this gave to the cube steaks. He said he felt it let the flavor of the meat really come through.