Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
We always grill our steaks, but earlier this week I had set out steaks for dinner and then we had a horrible storm, which made grilling impossible. I found this recipe in a cookbook and it was so good! I hope you enjoy it as well!
- 2 1⁄4 cups strong beef stock
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 32 ounces sirloin steaks
- parsley sprig, for garnish
- Heat 2 cups of beef stock to boiling.
- Mix flour into remaining 1/4 cup of cool stock and stir into hot stock with a whisk. Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, tomato paste and bouillon cubes. Simmer uncovered 45 minutes.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until lightly browned. At the end of 45 minutes cooking period, add mushrooms and red wine to sauce and cook 7 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Keep hot.
- For the steak, heat butter in a large skillet until very hot. Cook steak 8-10 minutes, turning to cook on both sides (medium rare).
- Serve with the sauce. Garnish with parsley.