Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this in the 1975 edition of The Doubleday Cookbook
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs zucchini or 2 lbs yellow squash, scrubbed and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 medium yellow onions, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon summer savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat butter or oil over low heat in a large skillet. Add remaining ingreidents and stir gently to mix. Cover and cook over low heat 30-35 min until squash is fork tender stirring occasionally.
Yummy side dish. I used both zucchini and yellow squash and loved the taste. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.