- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic paste
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger paste
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom (julienned)
- 1 (500 g) package tofu (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon asian red chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup leek (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup chives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup liquid katsuo dashi
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- cooked rice
- cracked black sesame seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet on medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Stir in garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add pork to the mixture, cook until thoroughly browned.
- Completely mix in ginger, mushrooms, tofu, pepper sauce, tomato paste, leek, chives, soy sauce, pepper, and katsuo dashi.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and thoroughly stir in corn starch.
- Simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Ladle over rice and top with sesame seeds.
- ***Miso soup was added to complete the meal.