Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Juicy tender chicken legs in a peach of a sauce. I pull the skin off the chicken before putting in buttermilk, but that's my preference. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 lbs chicken (cut in pieces)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 fresh peaches (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Put chicken pieces in gallon size zip lock bag pour in buttermilk, seal and refrigerate 1 hour. Remove chicken from buttermilk (discard buttermilk)
- Mix flour,salt and poultry seasoning in medium bowl,coat chicken pieces with flour mixture, shack off excess flour,Place chicken pieces on plate or tray and refrigerate.
- Combine orange juice and peaches with the following 5 ingredients in saucepan,simmer 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet about 1/2 inch deep, brown chicken pieces.
- Remove chicken and pour off oil from skillet.
- Replace chicken in skillet, add fruit mixture, cover and simmer 20 minutes.