Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dish, with its distinctive flavor, is a delicious alternative to the usual spaghetti and sauce. Preparation is simple and quick, yet it looks like a fine restaurant style dish.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 finely chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 large finely chopped tomatoes
- 4 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is soft, stirring in seasonings as onion is cooking.
- Add tomato and spaghetti and cook stirring until spaghetti is coated and tomatoes are warm.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar.
This was a nice change of pace for a spaghetti dinner. I had leftover spaghetti from another recipe I tried. This was like a warm pasta salad. Prior to mixing together, I first stir-fried the garlic(used two large cloves) and onion in a tbls. of the oil to caramelize some. I did need some more vinegar, but that was personal taste. I will make again but with a little less oil.