Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fairly fast and easy dinner, and pretty tasty too. Got this one from the "King's Daughters Hospital Centennial Cookbook"
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby cheese
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onion, and garlic.
- Drain excess fat and return to pan.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, sugar, and salt.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti and cheese.
- Cover skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
Lori, This was so easy to make,and it was a great lunch.It tasted very good too,the only thing I did different was use parmesan cheese instead of cheddar or colby,and I also used fresh mushrooms Thanks Lori,this was great.Darlene Summers
I made this last night for a quick suppoer, using med.-sized shells instead of spaghetti. My picky 3.5 yr old twins even loved it!! Thanks so much!!
I have made a similar recipe for years called One Skillet Spaghetti. Instead of tomato paste add another can of diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water. Break the uncooked spaghetti into pieces and add to the tomato-meat mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered for 30 min. adding water and stirring as needed. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. I think there is also some chili powder added to the meat. This method eliminates the need to dirty another pot for the spaghetti and is delicious!