Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from a church cookbook. Those women can really cook!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain. Stir in uncooked spaghetti noodles. (Broke in half.) Add next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover until melted.
Very tasty, I didn't need extra water because of the liquid in the tomatoes. I cut the chili powder, added a little basil and red pepper flakes. I used mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar and it was delicious. DH agrees.
Great! This is my kind of meal to throw together on busy weeknights! The skillet was emptied before I could even get a photo. I used crushed tomatoes, increased the water to 1 full cup, threw in 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic and let everything simmer for 30 minutes while I tended to other things. Oh, I skipped the full cup of cheddar cheese and just dusted the top of each serving with grated Parmesan to keep it healthier. Thanks for another winner, mom!
This tastes good, is easy, and I have the ingredients on hand. But the difference in my recipe is that after browning the ground beef and adding the other 8 ingredients you bake it in a casserole at 375 degrees, covered for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally, uncover, sprinkle on the cheese and put back in the oven for 5 minutes.