Recipe by ebbtide
Not sure where I originally got this, but over the years have perfected it to my taste. It's an easy, quick recipe that's sure to please. Serve with a nice green salad, some crusty bread and you have yourself a nice meal.
- 1⁄4 lb spaghetti, thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces of furmano crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spagetti according to directions on box, drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, saute onions and green pepper in olive oil until softened.
- Add ground beef and brown, mixing with onions and pepper.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and stir into mixture for a few minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and wine and stir all together. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Fold the cooked spaghetti into the sauce and turn several times, insuring that sauce is evenly spread.
- Serve, while hot, adding parmesan cheese on top of each serving.