Recipe by MommaSchafe
This is a one dish spaghetti recipe that will make you never want to make spaghetti any other way! My husband even takes the ingredients with him to his hunting trips to make for "the guys".
Top Review by Boomette
This is a good recipe that was enjoyed a lot by my son. But DH found it a bit bland, and a little bit too acid. So maybe more brown sugar would be better. I used fresh mushrooms. My son liked this dish a lot. Thanks MommaSchafe :) Made for bargain basement tag game
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, turkey, sausage, or any combination thereof)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, sliced 1/3-inch intervals
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook meat until no longer pink. Drain meat.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 14 - 16 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Test spaghetti noodle for doneness and increase time if needed.
- Before serving sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top.