Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very easy and tasty beef dish, you can also make this using pork strips, you will need a large skillet for this.
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced (can use a green pepper)
- 1 onion, sliced
- cooked rice
- In a bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch with ginger powder, beef broth and soy sauce and black pepper; set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/2 teaspoon salt, add in the steak strips; toss to coat with the mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil and 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large skillet over high heat; add in the beef/cornstarch mixture and saute for about 4 minutes or until browned, adding in the garlic and chili flakes (if using) the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Add in the bell pepper and onion; saute for about 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the broth mixture; reduce heat and simmer for about 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice.