Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Taken from Taste of Home Magazine
Top Review by Lisa G.
I modified this for keto diet as follows (6g net carbs!): Instead of deglazing with white wine, deglaze with 1tbsp vermouth + 1/4 c vodka. Instead of pasta, spiralize 2 med zucchini. Add zoodles to stock/wine/vodka mix and cook with lid on for 5-6 minutesthen remove and plate. Add package of fresh baby spinach and cover to wilt. Warm cream cheese in microwave so it mixes easier. Add cream cheese to all ingredients (except zoodles). As soon as everything is warmed and mixed, spoon over zoodles. Great flavor!
- 12 ounces ziti pasta, uncooked (or use similar pasta)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups white fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh cooked medium shrimp (tails removed)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente, drain and return to pot.
- Add in the fresh spinach leaves; toss until the spinach leaves wilt; set aside.
- Melt about 2-3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms; cook until the mushrooms release their moisture and are browned (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add in onion and saute for about 8 minutes or until softened, adding in the garlic the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- Add/stir in chicken broth and the white wine, increase heat to medium-high and cook stirring about 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture slightly thickens.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add in the 6 ounces cream cheese with pinch of nutmeg; stir until smooth then season with lots of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add in cooked shrimp and cook until heated through.
- Serve the cooked pasta with spinach in a large serving bowl and top with the creamed sauce; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.