Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taken from Taste of Home Magazine
- 12 ounces ziti pasta, uncooked (or use similar pasta)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups white fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh cooked medium shrimp (tails removed)
- parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente, drain and return to pot.
- Add in the fresh spinach leaves; toss until the spinach leaves wilt; set aside.
- Melt about 2-3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the sliced mushrooms; cook until the mushrooms release their moisture and are browned (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add in onion and saute for about 8 minutes or until softened, adding in the garlic the last 1-2 minutes of cooking.
- Add/stir in chicken broth and the white wine, increase heat to medium-high and cook stirring about 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture slightly thickens.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add in the 6 ounces cream cheese with pinch of nutmeg; stir until smooth then season with lots of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add in cooked shrimp and cook until heated through.
- Serve the cooked pasta with spinach in a large serving bowl and top with the creamed sauce; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
This was a wonderful pasta dish. We really loved it. The cream cheese makes this so rich. So yummy!! Thank you Kitten for sharing
We thought this was okay. I followed the recipe using 2 T garlic and used mostaccioli. My spinach didn't wilt with the hot pasta for some reason. We plan on trying it again, using frozen leaf spinach or pre wilt the fresh. And I will add more garlic, less pasta (I have ton left over!) and maybe a bit more wine. There wasn't much sauce so may not cook as long after adding the broth and wine. Main flavors that stood out for us were the shrimp and spinach.