1/1 Photo of Skillet Shrimp Scampi With Fettuccine
Jimijoe 43's Note:
Restaurant quality meal. Fast and easy. This was clipped from a magazine, not sure which one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved,cored,seeded and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut lengthwise in half and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water until al dente, firm but tender, about 12 minutes.
- 2Add the green beans to the boiling water for the last 6 minutes of cooking; beans should be crisp-tender and not limp.
- 3Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add the sweet red pepper, onion and garlic; saute for 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5Stir in the shrimp; saute 2 minutes.
- 6Add the wine, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- 7Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 8Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- 9Whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until well blended and smooth.
- 10Stir the cornstarch mixture into the skillet.
- 11Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
- 12Stir in the parsley.
- 13Drain the pasta and green beans in a collander: turn the pasta into a large bowl.
- 14Add the shrimp mixture.
- 15Toss until well combined.
- 16Sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese.
- 17Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Shrimp Scampi With Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.6
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 217.9 mg
- Sodium 639.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 33.7 g