Comfort food, quick, easy and delicious. Original recipe called for 2 cups each of corn and peas but that was too much for my family.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes, prepared
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink: drain.
- Stir in the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Combine corn starch and sour cream until smooth: stir into beef mixture. Add bouillon. Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until potatoes are heated and cheese is melted.
We thought this was good. I didn't have any peas, so I threw in some chopped carrots, and since the bottles look identical, I accidentally used soy sauce instead of Worcestershire sauce. Once I figured out I had done that, I added the Worcestershire and you couldn't tell I had put in soy. At the end I baked it in a 350 oven while I was cleaning up the kitchen. My kids (2 and 1 year old) did not like it, but they don't seem to like anything lately, so I didn't take that into account when reviewing. Thank for posting this recipe.