Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
You may want to try this for brunch or that weekend breakfast when you want something different. Quick and easy.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut in 1 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thin sliced
- 2 apples, thin sliced (one red and one green)
- Saute sausage, onions and apples in large skillet until onions and apples are tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Lower fat alternative: Substitute turkey smoked sausage.
Even better low cal/fat substitue suggestion: chicken and spinach sausage! I love the flavor and its only 110 calories per big link.
I don't know how this recipe has sat so long without a review - I loved it - Used Chorizo sausage, cut the recipe back to one serving, served with soft boiled eggs & stuffed mushrooms. A nice thing about this recipe is that you can make it as spicey or as light as you want just by the type of sausage you use. Thanks Martini Guy (love your alias) for a side dish I will enjoy many times