Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe has just the right amount of seasonings. I eat this more often for lunch and dinner than I do for breakfast.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 lb ham, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, saute the potatoes, green pepper, and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, ham, water, salsa, salt, and pepper.
- Add to the potato mixture.
- Cook and stir until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
Made this without the ham (my ham was questionably fresh!) and used green salsa. I browned my potatoes really well, but they still were a bit hard at the end. I just put a lid on for about 10 minutes and they were perfect. My husband ate his for breakfast with English muffins on the side. The rest of us had it for dinner, wrapped in tortillas. Delicious and handy to have the large batch in the fridge. Got enough for about two tortillas! Roxygirl