Recipe by LDSMom128
I came up with this when I had these ingredients that needed to get used up. This came together great and turned out to be a great one dish meal. I learned from reading an America's Test Kitchen cookbook that by cooking the vegetables separately each vegetable will have their full flavor when you combine them later and it does taste much better that way after doing it. It might take a few extra minutes, but the flavor of the dish will be awesome! You may also enjoy this with steamed rice.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb Polish sausage, sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, Diced
- 2 large garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, cut into rounds
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into medium sized pieces, about 6 stalks
- 2 large zucchini, Sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and Pepper the chicken well. Add 1 tbsp oil to a large skillet pan. Season the chicken with the poultry seasoning. Sautee the chicken until no longer pink. Remove the chicken pieces to a plate. Add 1 tsp butter and sauté the onions with 1/2 tsp salt. Cook the onions until golden, for about 3-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the sausage slices. Sauté until browned, about 8-10.
- While the chicken and sausage is cooking, add the 1/4 Cup hot water to a medium size skillet pan and add the carrots, just enough water to cover the carrots. Cook the carrots until softened, about 5-7 minutes. I personally like my carrots to have some crunch to them and this amount of time is perfect. Remove the carrots from the pan to a separate bowl, salt and pepper to taste. and wipe the pan with a paper towel.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and the asparagus, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes and they are bright green and softened. Remove them and place them into the bowl with the carrots. Wipe the pan with a paper towel.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan and add the zucchini. Salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Return to the sausage and add the chicken back to the pan, cooking together for about 3 minutes. Add the vegetables to the meat and cook together for about 2-3 more minutes and well combined.