Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Southern Living 2001. I sometimes add potatoes to this.
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté sausage in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until browned; drain on paper towels.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet, and saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, and cook, stirring often, 8 minutes.
- Add sausage, wine, and remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Serve immediately.
Yummy and easy to make. I would definitely make this again.