Recipe by Chef Boy of Dee's
My Spousal Unit Elaine found this recipe when she was living in Nebraska..It is similar to the Runza recipe posted elsewhere on the website, however it is a one-pan recipe and does not call for the inclusion of the bread dough...(which is the part of the Runza I disliked)
Top Review by Mysterygirl
The bouillon seems a bit salty to me so next time I'll use some homemade beef broth instead of it and the water. This is a very good recipe for a quick week night dinner. I'd definitely call it comfort food. I serve mine with some mashed potatoes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 3 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked broad egg noodles
- 1 lb cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat and onion together in a large skillet (or pot) for about 10 minutes; stir often.
- Drain off any fat.
- Stir in water, instant broth and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Mix in the noodles and the cabbage.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until noodles are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.