Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Easy to make dish that is prepared in the skillet. Chicken breasts cooked with potatoes, lemons, cremini mushrooms and rosemary with a hint of heat from crushed red pepper flakes. I haven't had a chance to try this recipe yet, but it sounds to yummy too lose. I found this recipe in the May 2010 Food Network Magazine.
- 3⁄4 lb red potatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- kosher salt
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 Tbsp leaves
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or more)
- 2 lemons, juice of (squeezed halves reserved)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) skin-on bone-in chicken breasts
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skilled and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon. Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered until the chicken is cooked through and the skin in crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.