Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy to make dish that is prepared in the skillet. Chicken breasts cooked with potatoes, lemons, cremini mushrooms and rosemary with a hint of heat from crushed red pepper flakes. I haven't had a chance to try this recipe yet, but it sounds to yummy too lose. I found this recipe in the May 2010 Food Network Magazine.
- 3⁄4 lb red potatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
- kosher salt
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 Tbsp leaves
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or more)
- 2 lemons, juice of (squeezed halves reserved)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) skin-on bone-in chicken breasts
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- Preheat the oven to 450°F Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skilled and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon. Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered until the chicken is cooked through and the skin in crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
I will have to keep this one handy to use again and again. The chicken was super moist and well flavored. The ease of preparation can not be beat. Made for Aussie Swap.
MMMMMMM....this is easy and tasty! I made this for dinner tonight using a cut up chicken and it turned out fantastically! Served with garlic green beans and white wine. Devine!
I made this today, and my husband, son, and I loved it!! I made it with boneless skinless breasts and it was delicious. Will definitely make this often. It's easy to make and disappears quickly.