Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe is from Tom Colicchio, the head judge of Top Chef. I got this recipe from Today's Kitchen cookbook(recipes made on the Today news show). It's simple and delicious! Baby carrots were used for this dish, but feel free to use large carrots, cut to size.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Love these carrots!! I used regular-sized carrots and cut them into smaller pcs. I skipped the rosemary. The technique is great and we all loved the great-tasting results. Yum!
- 30 baby carrots (3-4 inches long)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (or olive oil)
- kosher salt and black fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or salted butter)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the carrots, trim them, leaving an inch or so of the green top( I use prepackaged baby carrots with no tops).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, then the carrots. Salt and pepper them.
- Cook, rolling the carrots so they color on all sides, until they are golden, about 5 minutes. Add the buttter and rosemary and continue cooking until the carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Drain the carrots on paper towels befoe serving. Enjoy!