Sky Valley Cook's Note:
This is a good mild red rice that is perfect to serve with a spicier Mexican dish. Very simular to what is served in Mexican restaurants. Have all ingredients ready to go when making, as prep steps go very quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in 10" skillet over medium heat until hot.
- 2Add rice, cook and stir rice until it turn opaque white, approximately 2 minutes.
- 3Add onion, saute approximately 1 minute.
- 4Stir in garlic, salt, cumin, and chili powder.
- 5Add tomatoes, constantly stirring for approximately 2 minutes.
- 6Add chicken stock or broth, stir well. Increase heat to high until boiling then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer until rice is almost tender approximately 15 minutes.
- 7Stir in peas, cover, and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Rice will be firm and will separate, not like steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Red Rice (Arroz a La Mexicana)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 429.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g