Recipe by Oolala
I got this recipe from the Holy Trinity Church cookbook, submitted by Fay Leitner, which I got at a book sale. Posting for safe keeping.
- 1 large purple onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red cabbage, about 2 lbs., cored, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter until tender and add salt and pepper.
- Cook 15 minutes until carmelized.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the cabbage with the vinegar and sugar.
- Gradually add the cabbage to the onion and cover and let cook antoher 25 minutes until tender.