Recipe by Sherri Leyendecker
I actually just drummed up this recipe about 6 years ago and it has been a hit with my stepchildren and husband since.
- 10 flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 ounces tostada queso salsa
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breast fully. Chop chicken in fine bites. Add onion and rotel tomatoes (drained) and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is simmering, heat vegitable oil in seperate pan at very high temperature. Place flour tortilla in pan and cook one at a time. Brown both sides and remove to a side plate. I always place a paper towel on the plate to absorb excess oil and seperate each flour tortilla the same thereafter.
- After all is cooked, place tortillas on separate plates and top with queso chicken. They eat it like a pizza. My toddler likes her tortillas shredded and queso chicken applied all over in a bowl. Easier to eat for the little ones.