Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty, rib-stickn' country breakfast.
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled cooked, and cubed russet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- In a big skillet over medium heat, warm vegetable oil.
- Add in potatoes; fry until slightly browned--about 5 minutes.
- Add in ham, onion, and bell peppers; cook about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender (add more oil, if needed).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper to taste; pour over potato mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until eggs are almost done.
- Stir in cheese and parsley; cook until cheese melts--1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.