1/10 Photos of Skillet Potatoes
1 hr 15 mins
I came up with this recipe for the 11th RSC contest. I used red skinned potatoes but other types would work just as well. I boiled mine, but leftover baked potatoes would work also. These worked well with as a side dish with steak or with eggs for breakfast. We've also eaten them as the main dish. If you want a little more kick, increase the cayenne pepper to 1/4 teaspoon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oil, from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup julienned sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Boil cubed potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2Heat olive oil and oil from sun-dried tomatoes over medium high heat. Add shallots and potatoes. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the shallots and potatoes turn golden.
- 3Mix in spinach, tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir to mix ingredients. Add tablespoon butter and continue to cook until butter melts and spinach and tomatoes are heated through, about another 5 minutes.
- 4Top with shredded asiago and crumbled bacon. Serve with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.7
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 237.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: