Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this recipe for the 11th RSC contest. I used red skinned potatoes but other types would work just as well. I boiled mine, but leftover baked potatoes would work also. These worked well with as a side dish with steak or with eggs for breakfast. We've also eaten them as the main dish. If you want a little more kick, increase the cayenne pepper to 1/4 teaspoon.
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oil, from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup julienned sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Boil cubed potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil and oil from sun-dried tomatoes over medium high heat. Add shallots and potatoes. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the shallots and potatoes turn golden.
- Mix in spinach, tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir to mix ingredients. Add tablespoon butter and continue to cook until butter melts and spinach and tomatoes are heated through, about another 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded asiago and crumbled bacon. Serve with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Great potatoes! We loved them. I also served them with eggs and it was a wonderful combination of flavors. Thanks, Kim127.
Fantastic (and it does go great with eggs)! I used red-skin potatoes, but steamed them in the microwave first to soften. I will be making this often. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT5.
Omg! I would give you 10 stars for this recipe. My family loved loved it. This recipe is hidden, it needs to be discovered. An Amazing potato side. I only regret that I didn't double the recipe, cuz we had no leftovers for lunch. We topped the potatoes with 3 Cheese Ranch Salad dressing and it really made it even that much better. Thank you for posting this recipe and I will make again soon. I made for team "Cooks With Dirty Faces" for ZWT5