Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in Penzeys Winter 2007 Catalog.
- 1 lb small potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon california basil
- 1 small ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 green onion, ends removed finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 TB of the olive oil, vinegar, basil, tomato.
- and green onion.
- Let stand while potatoes are cooking.
- Scrub the potatoes, slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds and sprinkle both sides
- with lemon pepper.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the potatoes to the pan in a single layer(a little overlapping is fine),
- shake the pan a few times to make sure they aren't sticking, and cook 3-4 minutes.
- until the potatoes start to brown.
- Flip the potatoes and cook a few minutes on the second side.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and shake again to losen the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to the tomato/onion mix and toss gently to coat.
- The object is to do this while the potatoes are still warm. The heat will release.
- more flavor from the tomato, onion, and basil.