1/1 Photo of Skillet Potato Pie With Eggs and Cheese
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
A simple one skillet breakfast that will get anybody's day going.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2In a large ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel and set aside.
- 3Drain all but 3 tablespoons of bacon grease. Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and saute` over medium heat until softened but not browned, add potato slices and gently toss them in with the onions and mushrooms. Cook, turning often until potatoes are warmed through.
- 4In a medium bowl add eggs, milk, parsley and cheese. Season with salt and pepper, stir until all is combined, pour mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.
- 5Place skillet into the oven and bake until eggs are set about 25 - 30 minutes. Serve hot directly from the skillet.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Potato Pie With Eggs and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.8
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 680.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters garden vegetable egg substitute