Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Even though is low fat, you could still use lowfat buttermilk also.
Top Review by fab.butcher
This was really good. I used russet potatoes and chives instead of scallions. It was very good but, I think would be better with red potatoes. I will definitely make it again - it was so easy!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes, slice 1/4 in. thick.
- Mash lightly just until broken up into several pieces.
- Stir in buttermilk and scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat just enough oil to coat bottom of non stick skillet.
- When hot enough, pour in potato mixture and pat in evenly.
- Turn the heat to moderate and cook until the bottom of the pie is crisp and browned.
- Slide out onto a plate and cut into wedges.