Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Even though is low fat, you could still use lowfat buttermilk also.
- Cook potatoes, slice 1/4 in. thick.
- Mash lightly just until broken up into several pieces.
- Stir in buttermilk and scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat just enough oil to coat bottom of non stick skillet.
- When hot enough, pour in potato mixture and pat in evenly.
- Turn the heat to moderate and cook until the bottom of the pie is crisp and browned.
- Slide out onto a plate and cut into wedges.
This was really good. I used russet potatoes and chives instead of scallions. It was very good but, I think would be better with red potatoes. I will definitely make it again - it was so easy!
Wow, this was great. We enjoyed this dish a lot. Easy to prepare, great texture and flavor. Made as directed except I added a pinch of red chile powder. I think the slight tangy flavor of the buttermilk was a great addition. Thanks for sharing this keeper.
I was unsure about the buttermilk, but have to say this is an excellent potato dish. Easy to make and I LOVE the crispy bottom. Will definitely be making this again.