Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 215 calories, 5 g fat, 24.9 g protein, 17.4 g carb, 2.1 g fiber, 71 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by RitaBean
This was a very tasty meal, however the next time I make this I will quarter the peaches instead of slicing them thinly since they totally fell apart when cooked. As for the recipe, the only thing I changed was in substituting peach preserves for the brown sugar & adding 1/4 t garlic powder since we LOVE garlic & I couldn't imagine not using it in this dish. Served on a bed of rice with fresh picked green beans = a great meal! Thanks.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless center cut pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped peaches
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (Spice World)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 3 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over both sides of the pork chops.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over med heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add pork chops to skillet; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Place chops on a serving platter; sprinkle w/ 1/8 teaspoon salt; keep warm.
- Add onion to skillet, stir/saute 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in peaches and remaining ingredients.
- Cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve peach mixture with chops.