1/1 Photo of Skillet Pork Chops With Onion and Potatoes
This is a recipe handed down from my grandmother to my mom and now to me. It is simple and hearty and can be changed as your tastes wish - different seasonings in flour, different cheeses, sweet potatoes instead of white, a favorite vinegar instead of lemon juice, etc. Use the number of bouillon cubes based upon how much salt your family prefers. The only limit is your imagination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 pork chops, trimmed (1/2 -3/4" thick)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium yellow onions or 2 medium white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Coat pork chops with flour mixed with salt and pepper.
- 3Place chops in skillet and brown about 4 minutes on each side.
- 4In a small bowl, mix Parmesan with salt and pepper.
- 5Sprinkle about half of cheese mixture over pork chops.
- 6Layer chops with the potatoes.
- 7Sprinkle remaining cheese mixture over potatoes.
- 8Top with the onion slices.
- 9In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon with the hot water.
- 10Stir in lemon juice and and pour over the layered pork chops.
- 11Simmer approximately 30-35 minutes, until vegetables are tender and pork has reached an internal temperature of 155 degrees.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Pork Chops With Onion and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.2
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 144.9 mg
- Sodium 755.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 48.4 g