Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can use Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Jonathan or Rome Beauty apples for this tasty dish. For more color you may use both red and green apples.
- 4 boneless pork chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 4 teaspoons coarse grain mustard or 4 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 3 red apples or 3 green cooking apples, cored and cut into thin wedges
- Trim fat from chops.
- Sprinkle the chops with salt and ground black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops, cook about 4 minutes or until brown, turning once. Remove the chops, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add onions to the reserved drippings. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Sprinkle onion with about half of the marjoram. Place chops on top of onion in skillet. Spread the chops with mustard. Arrange apple wedges around the chops; sprinkle the chops and apple with the remaining marjoram.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Serve the chops with apple wedges, onion and pan juices.