Recipe by carolinafan
You can use Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Jonathan or Rome Beauty apples for this tasty dish. For more color you may use both red and green apples.
- 4 boneless pork chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 4 teaspoons coarse grain mustard or 4 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 3 red apples or 3 green cooking apples, cored and cut into thin wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from chops.
- Sprinkle the chops with salt and ground black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops, cook about 4 minutes or until brown, turning once. Remove the chops, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add onions to the reserved drippings. Cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Sprinkle onion with about half of the marjoram. Place chops on top of onion in skillet. Spread the chops with mustard. Arrange apple wedges around the chops; sprinkle the chops and apple with the remaining marjoram.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until pork juices run clear. Serve the chops with apple wedges, onion and pan juices.