1/6 Photos of Skillet Pizza Crust
An easy way to prepare pizza crusts and freeze for later. Of course, you could use them immediately! I like this recipe b/c as a "single babe"... I'm mostly cooking for one these days and like being able to pull an individual-size pizza crust out of the freezer for a quick dinner... or when I have unexpected company!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2 c measuring cup or sm bowl, combine yeast, sugar and 3/4 c warm water; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Combine yeast mixture, flour, salt, water, and oil in lg bowl, stirring til well blended.
- 3Turn out dough onto floured surface; knead 5 minutes.
- 4Place in bowl coated w/ cooking spray, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 30 mins or til dough is doubled in bulk.
- 5Punch dough down; knead 4 – 5 times.
- 6Divide dough into 6 equal portions; roll each into 8” circle.
- 7Cook each round on each side in a non-stick 8” skillet coated w/ cooking spray over med heat about 2 mins per side or til dough rounds are lightly browned.
- 8Cool crusts and freeze in an air-tight container up to 6 months.
- 9TO MAKE PIZZA: Place frozen crusts on baking sheets; spread w/ 1/4 c pasta sauce and sprinkle w/ favorite toppings.
- 10Bake at 425 for 12 – 15 minutes or til edges are lightly browned and cheese melts.
- 11FOR EXTRA FLAVOR: I like to add Italian seasoning/spices to the crust for extra flavor.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 391.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 7.8 g