An easy way to prepare pizza crusts and freeze for later. Of course, you could use them immediately! I like this recipe b/c as a "single babe"... I'm mostly cooking for one these days and like being able to pull an individual-size pizza crust out of the freezer for a quick dinner... or when I have unexpected company!
- In a 2 c measuring cup or sm bowl, combine yeast, sugar and 3/4 c warm water; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine yeast mixture, flour, salt, water, and oil in lg bowl, stirring til well blended.
- Turn out dough onto floured surface; knead 5 minutes.
- Place in bowl coated w/ cooking spray, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 30 mins or til dough is doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down; knead 4 – 5 times.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions; roll each into 8” circle.
- Cook each round on each side in a non-stick 8” skillet coated w/ cooking spray over med heat about 2 mins per side or til dough rounds are lightly browned.
- Cool crusts and freeze in an air-tight container up to 6 months.
- TO MAKE PIZZA: Place frozen crusts on baking sheets; spread w/ 1/4 c pasta sauce and sprinkle w/ favorite toppings.
- Bake at 425 for 12 – 15 minutes or til edges are lightly browned and cheese melts.
- FOR EXTRA FLAVOR: I like to add Italian seasoning/spices to the crust for extra flavor.