Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy one dish dinner.You can vary the ingredients depending on what you like on your pizza.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- onion, chopped (optional)
- mushroom, sliced (optional)
- green pepper, chopped (optional)
- black olives, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook ground beef in a large ovenproof or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until brown and crumbly.
- Drain well; return beef to skillet.
- Add marinara sauce and optional veggies to beef in skillet; mix well.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over top.
- Unroll pizza dough.
- Spread dough over top of beef mixture and mozzarella in skillet.
- Trim with scissors to fit dough just inside skillet.
- Discard excess dough.
- Sprinkle top of dough with Parmesan.
- Bake casserole in skillet until crust is brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven; let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges.
This was yummy and so easy to make that I in fact did not make it - my boyfriend did! We only added pepperoni to ours. I would prefer a bit more cheese but it was delicious anyway. We will be making this again. Thank you!