1/1 Photo of Skillet Piggies (beef and Cabbage)
A quick take on a time consuming dish! I whipped this up the other day with some leftover cabbage I had. Not bad for 30 mins! Try adding some sauerkraut or some garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded (I send my thru the food processor, you can probably chop it just make sure it is thin enough)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup instant rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional but really good)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onions. Do not drain.
- 2Add in shredded cabbage and cook for about 5-8 minutes til cabbage starts to look wilted.
- 3Add in beef broth, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and rice. Mix well.
- 4Add in salt, pepper,brown sugar, and caraway seeds.
- 5Bring to boil, reduce heat,cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Piggies (beef and Cabbage)
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.9 mg
- Sodium 1398.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 19.7 g