Top Review by I'mPat
Have to say did not do this exactly to recipe - I used 2 cups cooked rice I had in the freezer (plenty for 3 of us), cooked up the vegies though I had to use canned champignons (cut in half) and mixed the toasted pecans in with the rice mix rather than using as a topping though did find the cajun spice a little overpowering so would cut that back to 1/2 teaspoon and at the most 3/4 teaspoon otherwise enjoyed, thank you Brookelynne, made for Ir Recommend tag game and recommended by Karen Elizabeth.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) bags quick-cooking rice
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Saute bell pepper, onion and mushrooms in hot vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Adfd garlic and saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in cooked rice and spices. Sprinkle with toasted pecans and serve.