Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick dessert to prepare, especially because it used a prepared refrigerated pie crust to make the sugared pastry.
- 15 ounces rolled refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 6 -8 peaches or 6 -8 nectarines, pitted and halved or quartered (about 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup peaches or 1⁄4 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup blueberries
- vanilla ice cream
- PREPARE SUGARED PASTRY by preheating oven to 375 degrees F. Let one 15-ounce rolled refrigerated pie crust stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Unroll crust onto lightly floured surface. Brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coarse decorating sugar or granulated sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut pastry in half. Cut halves into strips, stars, or desired shapes. Place on prepared sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack. NOTE: This recipe uses only half of the pastry strips; the rest can be frozen up to 3 months and can be used to top other summer fruit recipes.
- PREPARE SKILLET PEACHES by melting the 1/3 cup butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peaches, skin side up. Reduce heat to medium; cook 4-5 minutes, turning once. Remove peaches to bowls.
- Add nectar and brown sugar to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and syrup forms.
- Spoon syrup on peaches. Top with berries and strips of sugared pastry. Serve with ice cream.