Recipe by Galley Wench
Another great recipe from Cook's Illustrated! Serve with salad and fresh bread and dinners ready in 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- table salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 12 ounces penne pasta (3 3/4 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 3⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook until softened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and simmer until almost dry, about 1 minute.
- Stir in water, cream, and penne.
- Increase heat to high and cook, stirring often, until penne is tender and liquid has thickened, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Tunr off the heat and stir in cheeses, one after another.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.