1/15 Photos of Skillet Parmesan Chicken
This is real comfort food. A family favorite. If you can, buy the fresh mozzarella. You won't believe the difference and it's worth it. The texture isn't rubbery like the typical mozzarella. I got it from watching an Emeril show on the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- more parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top
- 4 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese (if you can get it, the soft fresh kind is best, it melts sooooo creamy)
- your favorite marinara sauce or store bought spaghetti sauce
- 1Pound the chicken breasts between two slices of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thick.
- 2Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- 4Dip in egg/milk mixture, then in breadcrumb/Parmesan mixture.
- 5Heat the butter and olive oil in a large deep skillet.
- 6Brown the chicken breasts over medium heat until golden on each side (about 2-3 min per side).
- 7Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- 8Add the marinara sauce to the skillet.
- 9Heat to boiling and simmer 10 minutes.
- 10Add the chicken breasts to the sauce and sprinkle Parmesan over them.
- 11Place a slice of mozzarella on each piece of chicken.
- 12Cover and simmer about 8- 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the chicken is tender.
- 13Serve with your favorite pasta- we like linguine.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Parmesan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.5
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 162.0 mg
- Sodium 732.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 40.0 g