Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This simple veggie side has plenty of flavor and color and takes just 15 minutes to cook. For a touch of heat, add a "few" dashes of your favorite hot sauce or red pepper flakes. If you love the taste of rosemary, use up to one teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced orange bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups vertically sliced sweet onions (Vidalia)
- 2 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers, onions & mushrooms cook about 13 to 15 minutes until onion is tender and moisture absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, rosemary, salt and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve as a side dish, salad, with steak and any other variation that you wish.
This is a lovely side dish. I popped it in the oven for 20 minutes while the meat was finishing and it caramelised everything even more. Delicious!
Thank you for sharing this vege dish! I used fresh rosemary and served it over rice as a Cuban menu side. I also added black beans. It was exceptional and I'll use it again and again!!
This is an amazing, light and tasty recipe. It was the second dish i cooked when i first learned cooking. My husband and my inlaws loved it. Very light so it makes the perfect plate for dinner.