Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hearty breakfast or brunch side dish.
- 10 small red potatoes, unpeeled (about 1 1/2 inch in size)
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some tender green tops)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Put potatoes in a saucepan over high heat; add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; decrease heat to med-low; cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and refrigerate until cold; then cut potatoes into quarters.
- In a big skillet over med-high heat, cook bacon 6-7 minutes, until crisp.
- Drain on paper-towel lined plate, leaving 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet.
- Decrease heat to medium; add in potatoes, bell pepper, green onion, salt, and pepper; cook 5-6 minutes, until vegetables are tender and potatoes are browned—stir occasionally.
- Add in bacon; cook 1-2 minutes longer; serve immediately.
Loved the recipe...easy to make and tasted GREAT! I used sausage instead of bacon and this recipe certainly goes both ways. There were no leftovers with this one!